Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Crazy Haired Wild Woman

I have often wondered how Maddie will *really* fit in with the boys. No need to worry. She is a streak of fun and energy, just like them.

Today, they decided to play doctor while I was making supper. It sounds bad, but luckily, they were just using flashlights to check each other's ears and mouths, and then tape measures to see how tall they are. Maddie played right along. Both of the boys took their turns checking her out, and she happily opened her mouth and sat still for them to examine her ears. She also stopped running around long enough for them to get accurate measurements. At one point, they had their heads together trying to read the tape measure, and there is little miss thing with her head right in the middle. She let them know that she approved of their approach (or at least that's what it sounded like from the kitchen). They put up with her babbling, and quite honestly, they work extra hard to get her to talk and especially love it when she laughs. I feel confident that these three are bonded for life.

Oh, and by the way, after my consult with Dr. Nick (as he calls himself), I have "nothing" in my head, but in my mouth, I have "a tiny hole where the crumbs go". Good to know. And according to the tape measure, I weigh 36 pounds. He's my favorite.

No comments: