Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Has Sprung




We absolutely loved the weather this weekend!! Everyone was chomping at the bit to go outside, and once the fog burned off Saturday morning, we headed out -- only to come in to get ready for a birthday party in the evening.
My gardeners started the morning by pulling weeds that have started to sprout in the mulch. They really did a good job. As they were dragging things out, I figured it would take about five seconds for that to become boring, and Jeff and I would have to drag everything back in. I should have known that Cooper would keep the troops hopping.
Maddie spent a lot of her time outside in her swing. That girl just loves to swing -- much more so than the boys ever did. It's convenient, because later when we were playing baseball, we didn't have to worry about her wandering into the path of the bat. Hopefully, this love of swinging will last all summer, but somehow I doubt it.
Needless to say, we had a pretty quiet Saturday night. Nick came home from the birthday party, and was so out of it, I just took off his jacket and shoes and put him in bed fully dressed. Imagine his surprise when he got up on Sunday! After church, we went back out, and carried over the beautiful weather activities into Monday. The kids and I went downtown and walked on the canal. We're all looking a little sunkissed, but will head out again today before the rain starts again tonight.

No comments: