My green thumb is firmly broken, so this was quite the undertaking. And we don't know anything about "gardening", so our garden is truly an experiment this year.
The boys picked out two seed packets each, and on Memorial Day weekend, we planted: Green Onions, Green Beans, Cucumber, Watermelon, and sunflowers. (The cucumbers were for me!) Anyway, most of those items require a lot of room -- which we didn't give them, but pressing on, just yesterday, we were able to enjoy the fruits (or in this case, the vegetables) of our labors.
1 cucumber, 3 green beans, and 2 1/2 green onions. We would have had lots more green beans, but the rabbits got to the plants before we got to the fencing. And we have 2 1/2 green onions because the ground is so hard, we broke the top off the onion. Live and learn.
Cooper is exceptionally proud of his sunflowers. I can only imagine how he'll feel when they start to bloom.

The watermelon farmer (Nick) was inside for a nap. He's really not interested since I won't let him dig randomly and since his watermelons aren't ready yet. As a matter of fact, they aren't even blooming. At this rate, we'll be bringing watermelon to Thanksgiving dinner. And cucumbers.
Did the boys eat the vegetables, you ask...well, no. But there's always tomorrow!
2 comments:
That's it, I will hire you to be my farm hand family.
I think you and Mynde both are truly getting carried away with this whole "farmer" thing. Next thing I know you'll both be wondering amuck Singing "Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.
TO WHICH I'll REPLY...
New York is where I'd rather stay.I get allergic smelling hay.I just adore a penthouse view.Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.
Post a Comment