Monday, November 9, 2009

My Little Man, Nick

This kid cracks me up. He's got more imagination in his little finger than the rest of our family has collectively. His love of construction, bugs, legos, transformers, and dirt takes him into his own little world a million times during the day. Unfortunately, his imagination seems to work in overdrive when it's time for him to focus on real-life stuff like teeth brushing, eating a meal with the family, getting his shoes on, cleaning up his toys, and following directions. All to be expected from a busy 5 year old.

Jeff and I are the oldest in our families, so we can't imagine what it's like to be the middle kid...especially around here. Cooper needs help with homework; Maddie needs help with diapers. Nick just hangs while everyone else's needs are met. He and I are overdue for our date night, and believe me, this one has quite a date planned for us. After all, he's had plenty of time to think about it.

1 comment:

Mynde said...

Oh I can only imagine what that little man has planned for his momma! Should be interesting, I'll be waiting for the blog posting about it!