Kindergarten homework is serious business. Each week, this kid brings home a packet of work that is supposed to last him the whole week.
Day 1: Read the book to an adult; let the adult help you (yeah, right...Nick has no need for help. At all. And he'll tell you just that.) Also, practice a small selection of kindercore words. (The kindercore words that he mastered in October.
Day 2: Read the book again. Practice your handwriting. Focus on the letter of the week and your phone number. (Week after week after week. I'll give them credit. Nick knows his area code. I'm not sure Jeff knows it, but Nick sure does.)
Day 3: Read the book, yet again. Now tackle the math sheet. (Last week was count the number of apples in the picture and write the number below said picture. Nick just looked at me like I was crazy.)
Day 4: Read the book and answer the questions. (The latest book was about fish. It showed a man trying to catch three fish with a net. The first question on the worksheet said, "Why do you think the fish don't go near the man with the net?" Nick's answer: "Because the man and his net are bad news."
I really think Nick's going to be o.k. with this kindergarten thing.
1 comment:
I'm sure the tiger hat gives him that extra dose of smarts he needs. I should invest in one myself. On another note, I loathe kindy homework time!
Post a Comment