
This one is getting closer and closer to the age of two, which means that more and more words (that we can understand) are coming out of her mouth.
She says the most appropriate things at the strangest times:
*Tank Eww (thank you) We usually have to prompt the boys to say this, but not Maddie. She'll thank you for supper; she'll thank you for a hug; she'll thank you for changing her diaper; she'll thank you for rubbing her head after you've accidentally smacked it with the refrigerator door. She's definitely got a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving.
*Butt (butt) Guess who has been teaching her this one? What's funny about it, though, is that she'll use it anytime she sees anyone's butt. And since she's at about butt-height, she uses it fairly frequently. As her parents, we've been trying to correct her into saying "bottom", but you have to admit, to see this sweet innocent face say, "butt" is kind of funny.
*Ick (Nick) I'm not sure why she's taken to calling her big brother Ick, but it seems to fit.
*Buddy (Cooper) This one is starting to disappear. She used to call him that because she couldn't say Cooper, but she's starting to get the hang of it, and I think we're all a little disappointed.
*IOK (I'm O.k.) She's learned this from Ick. We all know how he'll yell it as he's on his way down to the floor, and then he'll reassess and confirm that indeed, he is o.k. Well, he's teaching this skill to his sister.
*ay dow (Lay down) Most mornings, I'm grabbed by the hand, led to my bed, and given this instruction. Then I get jumped upon. I don't particularly love that last part, but it's hard to resist the chance to "ay down" with Miss Maddie.
*sap (I'm going to sit on your lap) This usually is said when my lap is entirely full, and there isn't a spare inch. However, she makes her own space.
There's more, but right now, I'm drawing a blank. Plus Ick just told me we're going to ay dow. Who am I to argue?
1 comment:
Based on my 'samometer', this time next year she will be talking your head off. And poor 'ick' will have to take a backseat to miss thing and all her jabbering.
Post a Comment