
This is the look of a nearly busted nose.
Today, while we were at work (church), the boys decided to race these large wooden trains up and down the hall. I don't know how many times I've told them not to do it for fear of a day like this, but boys are drawn to trains...and running...and making as much noise as humanly possible. I was only going to finish typing one little article before I went to stop them, when I hear the mother of all thumps, followed by Nick's screaming. So I run out there, and find him sitting near a table with blood all over his face and his nose already starting to swell.
Fabulous.
Off to the ER we go. After TWO (dos, 2, tally-mark, tally-mark) hours of sitting in a small room with Cooper and Nick, we find that while Nick did his best to break his nose, he just barely missed. The doctor even "bet money" that it was broken after a peek up in there. Cooper warned him about boogers, but he was a brave doctor and looked anyway. After some fancy scan, that I'm sure will be named on the bill, he found that there were, in fact, no fractures. He looked again (strange, strange man) for pockets of blood to drain, but there were none of those, either. Just lots and lots of swelling.
Anyway, the boys were troopers. They split a small Snickers bar (thanks Herman, our pal from church!) and they each got an orange popsicle, complete with a joke on the stick. What do you call a flying turtle? A shellicopter. They even worked me over to go to McDonald's for lunch in the middle of the afternoon. Of course, with sweet tea only being a dollar, and the clock reading 1:45, they didn't have to work too hard!!
So, this evening, Jeff's parents called us to announce the birth of a new baby cousin in the family -- the happy couple's first. I want to call them to let them know to hang on to these first few baby months. After that, kids will break your hearts. And try to break their noses.
1 comment:
Holy smokes! It will by my mission to keep Sam away from Nick- as apparently he has more tricks to teach than I want Sam to learn. Glad he's okay though, poor little man!
Post a Comment