Monday, August 11, 2008

Another Manic Monday

Here we are...at the last Monday before school starts. Nothing too spectacular today. We went to church to work (the last "official" day that Cooper and Nick will get to go to work with me) for a while. Maddie got to stay home with Daddy, so after church, I took the boys to Kohl's to look for some new shoes for Cooper. He doesn't really NEED new shoes this instant, but I'd like for him to get some with laces. We've gotten lazy about tying shoes...there are 10 shoes that have to get on feet around here just for us to go out the door, so Cooper's slip on shoes have never been a big deal, but now, it's time. It's like the swimming inner tube...we're doing him no favors. Anyway, Kohl's has no shoes. I don't know why. It's not like we waited for the last minute or anything! We did find some shirts for Maddie, a shirt for Nick, and some tops for me! Yea, clearance sales!

Tonight, we went to school for the ice cream social and to meet Mrs. Sparks, Cooper's new teacher. She seems awesome! Cooper pulled Mr. Shy Guy, though. I hate when he does that. I think he's excited, however goofy he acts. He'll have 18 kids in his class, and I'll provide snacks once a month. I wasn't ready for that. I didn't figure they would have a snack in the first grade, but they do.

We also had my last softball game of the season. We knew it was going to be a shelacking, but at least the opposing team was fun. Next year, when softball season rolls around, I'll be 34. That seems like a strange age to be playing softball. I don't know why...I've played since the first grade, so I should be used to it by now...it just seems odd. I'd better squeak out a few more years. If the boys both play t-ball someday, I may lose my Monday nights.

Anyway, I'm hoping to take it easy tomorrow. I'll have to wear the kids out so they go to bed fairly easily, but not cross that line into exhaustion. The real fun starts on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Mynde said...

Enjoy your last day with Cooper home. First day of first grade starts a whole new ball of worms. And quit talking about 34 like it's old or something. We rock!