Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Entire Day to Myself

Well, what mom doesn't want that? I got it. Today, Sunday, August 31st, 2008, is my day. Unfortunately, I'm sick. That's how I got the day in the first place. I have the end of the summer cold, but it's got a twist this time...it's making me dizzy. I've had this before, and it's not as fun as it sounds. I feel fine for a bit, then dizzy. I'm fine sitting up, but dizzy if I lay down, then visa versa. No real rhyme or reason to it, but that's what makes life exciting, right?

Anyway, Jeff and the kids went to visit my inlaws, and he suggested that I stay at home to rest. Well, that was fun for the first couple of hours, but now I'm quite bored. I've seen more do-it-yourself t.v. than I could have ever dreamed existed, I've watched beach volleyball, tennis, golf, IRL racing, and high school football. I've seen classic episodes of "Cheers" and "Friends", hopped online, done some laundry, and taken two naps.

What I want to do:
Take my camera out and go crazy (bad light today and I'm dizzy, so I'm kind of limited to my backyard, which I've photographed ad nauseum)
Go out to dinner (again, I'm dizzy...driving a car may not be wise)
Clean the house (I'd better lie down again; now I'm speaking deleriously)
Go exercise (wouldn't that be fun...watch the dizzy girl fall of the treadmill?)
Go shopping (again, no car driving for me)
Did I mention I want to take my camera out for the day?
Read a good book (I tried, and got dizzier)

This stinks. But in my new quest to be content with my surroundings...I am alone with my thoughts. I don't have a whole lot of thoughts today, though, or maybe I can't hear them over the ringing in my ears.

Someone remind me of this day when I beg for it again. I miss my family, and their bickering, whining, and crying. Or maybe the next time I get a day to myself, I'll make sure I'm healthy and live it up.

1 comment:

Mynde said...

A whole day to yourself and you wasted it lady!

Sorry you feel so bad! Isn't it nice to have a husband who is willing to brave all 3 to his parents house alone?