Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Let's Tally it Up, Shall We?


Cooper has been in school, for what, well...actually, two complete weeks. So far, I've paid for the back to school kit. I can't remember the exact total on that, but I'm thinking it was around the $30-$40 mark.
I paid $30 for his lunch account ($1.80 for each day of a full lunch...which is a joke, because the kid doesn't get vegetables, and apparently, that's fine -- better to offer them and have them turned down than to watch them get thrown in the trash each day).
I think the milk costs $.40 on the days when he's packed his lunch (today was #3 or 4 of that).
We've paid $38.00 for the school picture package -- which is killer because you know that's a waste of money.
Information has come home about Market Day. I'm yet to order something, but it's just sitting there...taunting me.
Movie night is coming (that's another $5.00)
We've already provided snacks, and will do so each month.
Soccer is in full swing (not school related, but still an expense)
Soccer pictures...come on!!
Cub Scouts and 4-H were offered, and Cooper is not interested. Can we all say "yippe"? I would actually love for him to participate in one or both of these, but I'm not going to push.

Oh, and the door-to-door middle school salesmen and women have already been by.

Anyway, the point of this is the kid had better get a job. He's six...I think it's time.

1 comment:

Mynde said...

What- no book rental? Better get your checkbook back out.

I totally hear you. Although independantly none of this is really much- all together (plus new shoes and at least a back pack) it can take a family down quickly. At our back to school night Ally's teacher announces she will require $5 from each of us for a magazine she wants, plus $1 for the green folder, oh and we got the entertainment coupon books ($20 each) that night to begin selling. Ring ring- 'Aunt Mynde- we're selling trashbags, and candles, and sausage, and chocolates' blah blah blah! Nothing like the public school corp and their free education. : )