Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm the Mama...Hear Me Snore

These last few days before school starts, I've been trying to pack the fun in. Plus, the arguing around here has reached epic proportions, so the idea is to wear the kids out and keep them in public, where somehow, they are the best of friends and don't fight.

Well, let me tell you, this wearing them out is wearing me out.

Tuesday, we hit the library and the bowling alley. No pictures...too busy keeping Maddie occupied. The trick here, is don't feed her lunch. At the bowling alley, then, she's quite happy to sit on my lap and eat snacks.

Wednesday, we trekked up to Ft. Wayne to the Children's Zoo. Really, I love that zoo, and the trip was more for me than them! I took a few pictures, but the camera is all the way in the kitchen right now. Too far. You'll have to wait. Grandma and Amy saw them that day, as they were nice enough to meet us for dinner. Thanks again, for dinner, Grandma. That was so not the point!

Today, it was off to the State Fair with Pawpaw. Really, that was a good way to go. Pawpaw knows lots of people, and likes to talk with them, so we had to slow down. And Pawpaw wanted to look at flag poles and lawnmowers...again, waiting and patience was necessary. They did pretty well, until we got into the horse barn when Cooper threatened to leave him in one of the stalls. Pawpaw got a move-on. Get this, though...I didn't take my camera. I figured one less thing to worry about. So what does Miss Thing do? She takes her basket that they give her on "Little Hands on the Farm" and promptly puts it on her head. She wandered through the whole thing like that. She was so cute, a complete stranger asked if he could take her picture. So she just stopped and posed for him. Please. Let me tell you that no one wanted to take her picture when I had to pry that basket from her hands.

Anyway, Mama's tired. Mama's going to bed. The kids need to go back to school so Mama can catch a break!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

OK I'm glad your having a good time before school gets back in but NO CAMERA.... What's up with that?
Be careful you may lose your mentor status. I neede a Papaw for our day at the fair.

Mynde said...

Look at you, all 'cool mommin' it this week! Bowling, zoo, fair, ole! Now- come get my kids and take them too because I am just out of time- and energy : )