Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Kid Brother



I finally shared my blog with my brother. It wasn't that I was hiding it from him, but I figured he just was a busy guy, and really, is our little life that interesting? Nope. However, Brayden (my favorite nephew) has been appearing, so I thought it would be important to share the blogs with his parents. Here's Brian's response: You need more mentions of me, and more pictures of my kid. Well, I aim to please.

What to say about Brian?
He's big.
He's handsome.
He's my dad's junior (we warned his wife, but she still married him).
He's not a morning person.
He's legally blind without his contacts.
He works hard to provide for his family.
He is funnier than anything in the world when he gets on a roll.
He's a good dad, although his world is about to get rocked in just a matter of days as my favorite nephew, version 2.0 is due any second.
He has weak ankles and a small head, but be-a-ut-iful toes.
He is totally spoiled by his wife; he knows this and she knows this.
He's deeply religious, which makes me proud of him.

The other stuff that he may not know: I would be lost without him. After Jeff, Cooper, Nick, and my dad, he's my favorite guy. Who else can keep me totally realistic? More than once, he's put me in my place, told me I looked fat, or let me know that I'm doing o.k. I don't see him or his family nearly enough, but when we get together, we have fun, and he makes me happy. No one else was my favorite playmate as a kid, no one else thought it was cool to hang out with me at IU for a weekend. He put up with my mood swings as a teenager (I hear they were bad), and he survived our speedy dashes to school. He put up with my idiot boyfriends before Jeff, and let me know they were idiots. I always followed his character judgment on that one, because he's pretty good at detecting idiots.

It blows me away that he's a grownup. I know I am, and there are three little people here that rely on me, but to see him doing the same thing, is mind boggling. He'll always be my kid brother, and he was at his most cute and cuddly around age three when he constantly wore the hat that cut off circulation to his head and caused our mom tons of embarrassment. As big and as successful he becomes, he'll always be that goofball to me.



And this is his kid. He's going to grow up to be just like Brian. Cool.

2 comments:

Mynde said...

What- no picture of his feet? Come on!

Rebecca said...

You forgot one thing...He has a pretty cool big sister too! Let's leave his feet out of the situation.